Gait is of great importance for human health and social life. Therefore, any problem disrupting the gait directly affects the quality of life. There are many methods to analyze gait. However, the most advanced method is a three-dimensional optical motion capture, which is performed in a special gait lab.
Gait analysis laboratory.
This is a set of devices that allows you to get full information about all gait parameters.
What does the gait laboratory give us?
Objective information about the gait, through which is possible to:
- analize the muscle groups functions while walking
- evaluate the results of the intervention (before and after)
- analize deeply the biomechanics of gait
- see how joints move while walking
- use the information in science and practice evidence-based medicine
As a result, the patient receives an individual approach and more precise treatment.
Diseases with gait disorders
- Lesions of the central nervous system (eg: cerebral palsy, myelomeningocele, etc.)
- Peripheral nervous system disorders
- Congenital anomalies and structural irregularities in the lower extremities
- Injuries and conditions after injury of the lower limbs
- Amputation and prosthesis of the lower limb.